Wednesday, November 8, 2023

He Is Risen!

He Is Risen!

Jesus had to die on the cross of Calvary and shed His blood to pay the full penalty for our sins - but now He is resurrected and lives forevermore.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

Liveth - ongoing, present tense. Because He lives forever, He is the perfect Saviour and the perfect Mediator between us and our Heavenly Father.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I love how even one of Jesus' exhortations to His people was based on knowing that He died and arose, and therefore is able to raise us up as well. We do not need to fear death - we just need to trust in our risen Saviour!

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 2:14-15 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Revelation 2:8, 10 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;… Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

John 14:18-19 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

I Serve A Risen Savior
(Hymn by Alfred Henry Ackley)

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today.
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him He's always near.

Chorus:
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary, I never will despair;
I know that He is leading through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.

February 4, 2022
Devotional by Jerry Bouey

No comments:

Post a Comment