Thursday, October 26, 2023

No One Can Pluck You Out Of God's Hand!

No One Can Pluck You Out Of God's Hand!

John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

The Greek word used twice for "to pluck" in John 10:28-29 is Strong's # 726. Same word used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 (shall be caught up):

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Strong’s # 726 according to The Complete Word Study Bible means:

A verb meaning to seize upon, spoil, snatch away.
2) Spoken of what is snatched suddenly away (Matthew 13:19; Jude 23); in the sense of to rob, plunder (John 10:28-29).

No one - no man, woman, or child - can pluck you out of Christ's hand, nor His Father's hand (stated twice to doubly emphasize it).** You're part of mankind too. Implication being you couldn't pluck yourself out of our God's hand even if you wanted to - you put yourself, your soul, your eternal wellbeing into the Saviour's hand, and there is no thought or idea anywhere that our Lord would willingly relinquish or give up for any reason what He is holding.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Romans 8:35, 38-39  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? ... For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

** Stated twice/doubly for emphasis is a Biblical principle:

Genesis 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

May 10, 2021
Jerry Bouey

No comments:

Post a Comment