Tuesday, October 17, 2023

In The Day When I Cried

In The Day When I Cried

Sometimes we think it is presumption to ask the Lord to answer a prayer today. Though if a prayer does seem more urgent, we may have asked the Lord to perfect (complete) that which concerneth us (from Psalm 138:8). If we have a need or a trouble, we may pray for it, expecting God to answer it in His own timing. But what happens if the need seems more urgent, if the trouble we are facing seems more dire, perhaps even time-sensitive? Is it presumptuous to pray, asking that the Lord answer our prayer today?

For example, what if someone's life hung in the balance, or a need or a bill needed to be taken care of today, but it solely depended upon God providing for that need?

First, some factors to consider, then some verses to look up on this theme:

1) Are we humble, trusting in the Lord?

Are we giving our need to the Lord and leaving it with Him in accordance with His will?

Sometimes we think a need has to be taken care of by a certain time, but God may delay (in our minds), but in the end still work out all things in His perfect timing. Can we leave all our cares and troubles and needs in His hands?

Of course, we need to make sure that to the best of our understanding of the Word of God and the wisdom that He provides that we are praying according to His will.

2) Then if we are sincerely seeking His will and humbly asking Him for our need, if the need still seems urgent and time-sensitive, consider the following verses:

Psalms 138:3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.

Psalms 18:18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.

Psalms 20:1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Psalms 59:16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

Psalms 86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Psalms 102:2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

Lamentations 3:57 Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.

Just some thoughts on my Bible reading this morning and meditating on Psalm 102:2 and related passages.

September 16, 2022
Jerry Bouey

No comments:

Post a Comment