Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Consecutive Verses

Consecutive Verses

I love Bible verses that connect even though they are in consecutive chapters. Like:

Psalms 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Psalms 41:1 TO THE CHIEF MUSICIAN, A PSALM OF DAVID. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.

The Lord God considers Himself blessed when He thinks on His people - the poor and needy, the poor in spirit.

Psalms 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalms 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Seeing as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, blessed is the man (or woman) that fears the Lord.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 41:1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

God is saying: Keep silent before Me world and let My people renew their strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment